In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Belfast Free Library

New England House Hotel, Belfast, ca. 1875

Contributed by Belfast Free Library
MMN Item 98369 Item Details
New England House Hotel, Belfast, ca. 1875
MMN Item 98369 Zoom

Description

In 1848 the New England House hotel opened on High Street in the former Eels house, which had been built in 1806. The hotel was re-modeled and enlarged in 1860, and in 1885 was renamed the Windsor Hotel. By the early 20th century, the hotel had fifty-five guest rooms and its restaurant was popular with diners. The building burned in 1960.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.